Oct 8, 2024 | Folsom , CA | $275.00REGISTER COURSE
Our One Day Tactical Emergency Casualty Care course will give First responders, Security, and Executive Protection personnel the knowledge, skills, and most importantly confidence to recognize and treat potentially life threatening traumatic injuries. Students will receive practical and easy to understand instruction in recognizing potentially life threatening injuries. We will explore basic anatomy and physiology concepts which help the learner understand why it is so vitally important to “stop the bleeding and keep them breathing.” In addition to engaging lectures and facilitated discussions, students will experience hands-on practical skills exercises throughout the course.
I. Introduction to Tactical Emergency Casualty Care/Saving Our Own [60 minutes]
A. Background/History of Tactical Casualty Care
B. Describe key factors influencing tactical casualty care as related to self or “buddy” aid
C. Describe the phases of tactical casualty care
II. Hemorrhage Control and Hypothermia [120 minutes]
A. Hemorrhage Control Tactics Knowledge
1. Describe the need for weapon removal from casualties with altered mental status
2. Identify steps in the MARCH assessment
3. Understand the effects of blood loss and shock
4. Demonstrate the most appropriate hemorrhage control method based on physical assessment and resources
5. Demonstrate safe and effective application of hemorrhage control methods
B. Understand the negative impact of hypothermia to a trauma patient
C. Hemorrhage Control Tactics Practical Skills
III. Airway/Breathing [120 minutes]
A. Airway/Breathing Knowledge
1. Discuss airway management modifications
2. Manual repositioning
3. Use of airway adjuncts (NPA)
4. Recovery position
5. Review pediatric airway anatomy and management
6. Discuss chest (thoracic) trauma
7. Open chest injury (sucking chest wound)
9. Tension Pneumothorax
10. Management of injuries
B. Airway/Breathing Practical Skills
1. Recovery Position
2. Chest Seals
3. Nasopharyngeal Airway (NPA)
IV. Rescue Tactics [60 min]
A. Rescue Tactics Lesson
1. Reaffirm getting off the “X”
2. Discuss the rationale for limited medical interventions during a direct threat
3. Identify drag and carry techniques
4. Discuss how mission tempo and skill sets impact provider action during the direct threat phase
B. Rescue Tactics Practical Skills
1. Lifts, drags, and carries
2. Cover and concealment
V. Tabletop Exercise & Scenario Discussion [90 min]
A. Small Group Breakouts
1. Discuss Scenarios
a) Motor Vehicle Crash
c) Active Shooter
d) Partner Down
2. Discuss Treatment priorities
3. Discuss Evacuation plan
B. Large Group Reflection/Presentations
1. Small groups present findings to larger group
2. Identify Best Practices specific to the student’s context
1. Allow students to verbalize a key “takeaway” from the training session
Your training gave me the confidence and tools to interview the suspect for over 5 hours and to bring a closure to the case.
Instructional style is engaging and highly effective.
I will continue to use and pass on this information because I really believe in the instructors and their approach.
Effective teaching teams! The presentation of the material was consistently interesting, and intelligent without being too intellectualized.
This was, by far, one of the most useful training classes I've attended since becoming an investigator.
I highly recommend this training for any Probation staff who have the necessity to interview/interrogate individuals for investigation purposes.
Incredible training with amazing real world instruction. I have been taking law enforcement classes for over 30 years and by far this is the best presented and most useful.
Your training has made the greatest and most direct impact on my assignment of any training class that I've taken.
It not often that you go to a training that you really, really want to pay attention to. Because of the high quality information and style of presentation, I knew that if I looked away I was going to miss out.
This training provided the useful tools necessary for assessing the veracity of a suspected child abuser, which goes a long way in helping to protect children.
The information presented was highly relevant to my job and was presented in a manner that was organized and very easy to digest.
This was, by far and away the best training I have received in 15 plus years of Law Enforcement. The instructors are experienced, engaging, articulate, and very entertaining. I will be recommending this training to multiple agencies.
This training by far has been the most informative and most effective I've attended. The instructors engaged the students in a manner that made me want to speak my opinion, ask questions, and participate.