This course is designed for in-service law enforcement personnel (patrol officers, detectives, first-line supervisors and managers) including members of established media relations teams (sworn or civilian) to provide the necessary tools to effectively relate to the news media.
- Formulate an efficient response to media-related events while minimizing department liability and public scrutiny
- Explain the evolution of Media Relations in law enforcement
- Explain the anatomy of media-related events
- Recognize potential pitfalls
- Compare and contrast the proper responses to a media-related event
- Develop collaboration skills to improve transparency between law enforcement and the community
- Establish a standardized response to a high-profile event
- Evaluate legal considerations associated to media-related events in law enforcement
- Formulate a social media presence
For additional information, please visit tdcorg.com/courses/ and select the course of interest by clicking on "Course Overview."