Multidisciplinary Interviewing of Child Abuse Victims (MDI)
Learn from Johnene Stebbins, an experienced prosecutor, and Kendra Nunes and Stella Cruz, both experienced investigators. They will provide guidance on the best interviewing techniques, common pitfalls, and how to get the most detail out of your interviews while minimizing the victim’s trauma after the abuse. They will also examine characteristics of child molest suspects and types of evidence to consider collecting. This course is good for patrol officers, social workers and investigators.
- How to conduct a child forensic interview
- Child cognitive and language development
- How to build rapport with children
- How to interview the adolescent child
- How to assess the credibility of a child
- Interviewing witnesses
- Post-interview follow-up investigation
- Legal aspects of the Multidisciplinary Interview
- Common defense tactics in court
For additional information, please visit tdcorg.com/courses/ and select the course of interest by clicking on "Course Overview."